Forum

Forum Navigation
Please to create posts and topics.

Looking for a Painter

Firstly,  thanks to everyone who made me feel so welcome at my first BCCWNC meeting earlier this month.

I have a 1959 AH Bugeye Sprite project that is in need of a little finish bodywork and a paint job.   It is stripped right down to the unibody.  I'm trying to do a good job on the car but this is not a concourse restoration.  I'm looking for good "daily driver" level paint job.

If anyone has any recommendations, I'd be immensely grateful for a note back.

John Miko
1953 MGTD
1959 AH sprite (project)

Some years ago I had some motorcycle  parts painted by TD Customs in Mills River , The owner is Tim Donaghue , a very nice guy and I was very pleased with the work he did for me.

You might want to stop at his place and talk to him.  

828-505-6603 , also check his work on the Web  

Workshop is  80 Emma Sharp Rd #1  , very close to the Inglish in Mills River.

I having my Morgan Plus 4 painted at Stotts Ford in Tryon, NC. They came highly recommended and I'm quite pleased with the attention to detail. Like you, I'm not looking for a concours paint job. But still want a good one. They are taking mine back to the bare metal. Ask for Dylan Stott.

Thank you John and Paul for your recommendations. I'm going to look into both.

You are more than welcome to take a look at my car to see the work they did. We put it back together tomorrow. I hope to have it at the next Jack's Garage. A couple of photos attached. 

Uploaded files:
  • IMG_0773.jpeg
  • IMG_0765.jpeg