21st Annual Autumn in the Mountains British & European Automobile & Motorcycle Show
26 September, 2020 – CANCELLED
With COVID-19 cases in North Carolina continuing to rise, our “2020 Autumn in the Mountains British Automobile and Motorcycle Show” scheduled for September 26 has been cancelled. A successful AITM requires a tremendous amount of time, effort, talent and support from the community. The decision to cancel was not made lightly. The British Car Club of Western North Carolina Board, given the available information at-hand, made this decision in the best interests of our club, its members, potential attendees and in good faith to our social and non-profit purposes. Our event insurance also requires that all federal, state and municipal laws be followed.
As of June 24, current NC COVID-19 Phase 2 Guidelines remain in force, including:
• Indoor mass gatherings limited to 10 people
• Outdoor mass gatherings limited to 25 people (over 200 people attended our 2019 show)
• In addition, beginning June 25, all people in public spaces must wear a face mask
• Over the past 4 weeks, confirmed COVID cases have doubled and hospitalizations have increased 50% in North Carolina
We know a lot can transpire in the next three months, but planning for the show is, at best, interrupted and will likely soon become too constrained to continue.
We also want you, our fellow British car and motorcycle enthusiasts, to have as much lead time as possible in making your own plans for this coming fall.
In the past, our AITM Shows have benefited “Meals on Wheels” in Henderson and Buncombe Counties, North Carolina, and we wish to continue supporting them.
Here are three ways you can donate directly:
• In Henderson County, Meals on Wheels is an integral part of The Council on Aging – their donation page can be found here: Henderson MoW
Make sure to choose “Meals on Wheels” under the Category tab.
• In Buncombe County, Meals on Wheels is a standalone organization and their donation page can be found here: Buncombe MoW
• If preferred, a monetary gift can also be made to the “British Car Club of WNC Charitable Fund” held at the Community Foundation of Henderson County. 100% of your donation will go to the “Meals on Wheels” programs in Buncombe and Henderson counties. The Community Foundation will mail you a tax-deductible receipt on behalf of the BCCWNC Charitable Fund.
Here is their mailing address and website:
Community Foundation of Henderson County
401 North Main St., Suite 300
Hendersonville, NC 28792
Thank you for your continued support and interest in The British Car Club of Western North Carolina. September 25, AITM 2021 is already on our calendars.
The BCCWNC Board
Carol Clemens, President