Forum

Forum Navigation
Please to create posts and topics.

Polar Bear Run with the Foothills British Car Club 2023

Had a nice Annual Polar Bear Run on Tuesday. We gathered at the Rosman Park & Ride on US 64. From highway 64 we took 215 up and over the Blue Ridge Parkway and on to the Jukebox Junction diner at the corner of 215 and 276. It was a joint drive hosted by the Foothills British Car Club. We had approximately 15 participants in 11 cars, of which 3 cars and 6 members represented BCCWNC, including Syd and Janet in the sweep car. The attached link is 3 short (2-1/2 minute) videos of our two-hour portion of the drive with the group. We had a GoPro camera stuck to the windscreen and the mic clipped to our number plate. Derek Cook, my Co-Pilot and I chose to head home to Fairview thru Canton to trim a final hour off our trip. The balance of the group continued the drive up Hwy 276 toward Pisgah Forest.
The food and wait-staff were great!
No cars broke and no one got hurt.
Thanks to the FHBCC for the invitation and hosting this event.
It might be worth noting that 60 fps (frames per second) doesn't produce a clear picture when chasing a hot Midget thru the woods.

Uploaded files:
  • IMG-1840.jpg
  • IMG-1841.jpg
  • IMG-1843.jpg
  • IMG-1798.jpg
  • IMG-1801.jpg
  • IMG-1804.jpg
DWood, Joyce Young and Phil Profili have reacted to this post.
DWoodJoyce YoungPhil Profili

Great video and pictures !

Terry Ramsey and Joyce Young have reacted to this post.
Terry RamseyJoyce Young
Quote from Terry Ramsey on January 30, 2023, 7:56 pm
Had a nice Annual Polar Bear Run on Tuesday. We gathered at the Rosman Park & Ride on US 64. From highway 64 we took 215 up and over the Blue Ridge Parkway and on to the Jukebox Junction diner at the corner of 215 and 276. It was a joint drive hosted by the Foothills British Car Club. We had approximately 15 participants in 11 cars, of which 3 cars and 6 members represented BCCWNC, including Syd and Janet in the sweep car. The attached link is 3 short (2-1/2 minute) videos of our two-hour portion of the drive with the group. We had a GoPro camera stuck to the windscreen and the mic clipped to our number plate. Derek Cook, my Co-Pilot and I chose to head home to Fairview thru Canton to trim a final hour off our trip. The balance of the group continued the drive up Hwy 276 toward Pisgah Forest.
The food and wait-staff were great!
No cars broke and no one got hurt.
Thanks to the FHBCC for the invitation and hosting this event.
It might be worth noting that 60 fps (frames per second) doesn't produce a clear picture when chasing a hot Midget thru the woods.

Terry Ramsey has reacted to this post.
Terry Ramsey