Forum

Forum Navigation
Please to create posts and topics.

New Member Drive & Lunch at The Monte Vista Hotel 2023

Our Michael Finney did a great job hosting this event! Isaac Cannon led the Drive from Ingles in Fletcher to Food Lion in Fairview. We had 28 members and guests booked for the event, and most had lunch at the Monte Vista. A very nice place and the food was great! There were over a dozen cars. I have GoPro links below where four videos and some still photos can be viewed. I encourage you to subscribe to "New Topics and Posts". The Volkswagens in a photo were meeting at Ingles to travel to the event at Mills River Brewing. The garage in the photo was said to have an Austin A40 Devin just inside. It was dark in there and one would have to use imagination to see it. Watch for a covered bridge, train cabooses, and a deer crossing.

UPDATE! I just completed editing 1.5 hrs. of video down to four shorts highlighting this drive. If you are logged in as a club member, please feel free to reply with a comment and/or post any photos taken related to this drive.

Also, please feel free to contact me if I can help you with hosting a drive. https://www.bccwnc.org/members-only/how-to-host-a-drive/

Click on the following individual video links to view. 

Convoy from Ingles in Fletcher to Food Lion in Fairview (5 minute video) https://gopro.com/v/LvGVRoeGPzaK5

Drive from Food Lion to Hwy #9 in Black Mtn. (part 1 in a 3 minute video)

Drive from Food Lion to Hwy #9. (part 2 in a 3 minute video)

Drive up Hwy #9 to Black Mtn. (5 minute video)

Tom Young, DWood and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
Tom YoungDWoodTom ButoPhil Profili

This was mine and my wife Jennifer's first event with the club and we had a great time!  Nice drive, good lunch with great people and a wander around Black Mountain to top it off.  I didn't get many pictures (I always forget when I'm having fun) but here they are.

Uploaded files:
  • PXL_20230311_163529441.MP-2023-03-12T15_38_29.903.jpg
  • PXL_20230311_171123776.jpg
  • PXL_20230311_171218234.jpg
  • PXL_20230311_171243921.jpg
Terry Ramsey, DWood and Joyce Young have reacted to this post.
Terry RamseyDWoodJoyce Young

This was our first drive with the club and we really enjoyed it. Thanks to everyone who organized it! 

Tom & Connie Buto

Terry Ramsey, DWood and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
Terry RamseyDWoodDan BelangerJoyce YoungPhil Profili

Thank you, Michael, for hosting this fun and beautiful drive to the historic Monte Vista Hotel! It was a nice lunch in a beautiful setting.  Thank you, Terry, for the great videos from your GoPro and other pictures. I watched all the videos and looked at all pictures. I especially enjoyed the music playing to the videos. Thank you, Phil, for the pictures as well. This was our first trip with WNCBBC in our "new" 1980 Triumph TR7. Unfortunately, due to the cold weather we rode with the top up which we've never done in the 72 TR6. Was actually glad to have it up. LOL Looking forward to our next ride!! Dan Belanger and Janis Kaye

Terry Ramsey and Joyce Young have reacted to this post.
Terry RamseyJoyce Young

Thanks Dan for your positive comments on our efforts to make our club drives enjoyable. 

Joyce Young has reacted to this post.
Joyce Young

Time lapse of the drive

Terry Ramsey and DWood have reacted to this post.
Terry RamseyDWood

Great! Thanks for posting, and thanks for your willingness to lead the first leg of the drive.

DWood has reacted to this post.
DWood

Thanks for the time lapse. I think I remember leaning into some of those curves! 

DWood has reacted to this post.
DWood